We are pleased to announce the launch of our new iOS app, bringing Aeon Timeline to your iPad or iPhone for the first time.
Redesigned to work with the smaller touch screen environment without compromising usability, the Aeon Timeline iOS app is packed with features for creative writers, project management, case management, historians and student projects:
- Timeline View gives you a chronological, graphical view of events in your timeline
- Relationship View let’s you capture and view the relationships between your timeline events, and the people, locations, story arcs or projects associated with them
- Use groups and filters to quickly find information, or narrow your focus to the current task
- Flesh out the complete details of your timeline with nested events, dependencies, images and attachments
- Share timelines between Mac, Windows, and your iOS devices using iCloud or Dropbox*
- Customize your experience with themes, colours, and icons
* Note: Dropbox support requires iOS 11 or higher.
Download on the App Store
To view and purchase Aeon Timeline on iOS, search for “Aeon Timeline” in the AppStore app on your device, or follow this link:
You can find further information on our iOS app, including links to our Getting Started pages and differences between our Desktop and iOS apps here:
Upgrade to new Desktop version
To better facilitate sharing between our Desktop and iOS apps, we have updated our file format to include the option for embedded images and attachments directly within the timeline file, allowing you to take those attachments with you as you sync the timeline between devices.
We recommend you read the What’s New section of our help docs to get a complete understanding of the changes to the file format and how images, attachments, and external links are now handled:
In order to open your existing timelines on iOS, you will need to follow these steps:
- Update your Desktop application (Mac or Windows) to version 2.3+. This is a free update for all existing users.
- Open your timeline file with the new Desktop application, to update it to the new file format (note: a backup of the original file will be saved in case you want to go back).
- Save your timeline to the “Aeon Timeline” folder on iCloud Drive, or to your Dropbox* folder.