aeontimeline

Open full view…

Scrivener2/Aeon2 Sync to Scrivener3/Aeon2

pking36330
Sat, 25 Nov 2017 19:35:15 GMT

I have a great project in Scrivener 2 and spent a good deal of time adjusting the sync in Aeon 2 for a very useful timeline. I upgraded to Scrivener 3 and had no problems with that upgrade for all my Scrivener projects. When I tried to sync my Scrivener 3 project with Aeon, all 100+ events were unlinked. Do I have to manually relink them? Would it just be easier to create a new Aeon timeline?

Craig Schiller
Sat, 25 Nov 2017 22:37:51 GMT

Can't you use the "Sync entire project" option?

razyr
Sat, 25 Nov 2017 23:38:55 GMT

Hmm, I have no problem with my S3 scrivenings. Everything still linked after upgrading the binder. Even so, I think I'm going to run with just S3 for my project for awhile as some of the things I needed AT2 relationship view for have now been internalized by S3. I'll probably revisit AT2 once a new release comes out with improved entity support. I never really got excited about the timeline so much as seeing how the events and entities all fit together.

aeonjess
Mon, 27 Nov 2017 10:24:08 GMT

Hi, The links from a Scrivener 2 file should be correctly retained after the upgrade to Scrivener 3. We have been supporting Scrivener 3 for months with Scrivener’s beta testing group, and we have not encountered any other reports of links being dropped, so I am not sure why this would be different here. The quickest option would be for you to email your Scrivener project and timeline file to support@aeontimeline.com and we can specifically look into the files and investigate what has happened. Obviously, we would treat the contents of your file completely confidentially, and delete it once we have finished reviewing the matter. Jess

pking36330
Mon, 27 Nov 2017 23:17:00 GMT

Craig and AeonJess, thanks for the replies. I looked at the 'Sync entire project' option, but it was grey'd out. I'm not certain that I didn't do something wrong that broke the link between the Scrivener project and the Aeon Timeline, so I just rebuilt the project as a new timeline. It was pretty straightforward and took less than an hour to completely remap all 100+ chapter and scene entries in my Scrivener project. Since those Aeon metadata fields were still in the Scrivener files, it wasn't hard at all to get it all poked back into a nice timeline. Thanks again.